Friday, March 07, 2008

Groceries

Last week I ended up going to Kroger instead of Walmart b/c the ads seemed more appealing to me. I however was scared away from Kroger mostly for good unless I'm enticed with a good chicken deal or something.

First, I ended up spending $90 for the week. This in my opinion was still too much money since the majority of my meat I had picked up the previous week. Also, I was growled at by 3 old people, this sucked and I had to bite my tongue to prevent myself from growling back. Don't get me wrong I enjoy old people on a whole (I did Home Health Elderly Care for 6 years and started the Gerontology program that was once at Cols State before it was killed so...).

Let's just say I don't prefer the clientele that mostly visit Kroger. Now I don't believe it's this one store I visited, this is the third Kroger store I've now decided to boycott b/c of cleanliness issues and clientele issues.

I planned on going to Meijer this weekend but we had carryout twice this week and then we are going out to dinner tonight. I have 3 leftover meals that I can prepare and I have a few meals in the deep freezer that I need to use. I'm going to try to just purchase milk, bananas, apples and maybe eggs and try to stretch our freezer meals to next week to save money.

I did go to CVS on Monday night. I forgot the majority of my coupons b/c Super N stole them out of my bag. But even without them I did okay I just wasn't able to buy much.

CVS for the month of March is giving an ECB of $2.99 for Colgate Total, plus whitening. This tube of toothpaste costs $2.99 so that's free. Oh yeah well they're also on sale for $2.50 so actually you get $2.50 for taking them off their hands, unreal! There is of course a limit of 5. I bought those and since I bought 4 tubes of toothpaste last week I'll be giving these to the Xenos Food Pantry. This was another desire of mine in suffering through participating in the ECB program is being able to give extra free stuff or almost free stuff away to others who need them.

What else did I buy...oh yes I did return the revlon makeup and got my $23 back. And I purchased two swiffer mop refill pads. They were on sale for $6.99 each and if you spent $10 on those you get $5 back. I was thinking they would make my life a little bit easier with the baby coming. But now since we're thinking about budgeting in a housecleaner short term maybe I'll return them.

So my total was $27, I had a $5 off coupon and $7 in ECB's from last week. I paid $15.?? in cash and got back $20 in ECB's. And since I returned the Revlon products I got my $23 back to. Unreal (I'm going to keep saying this word fyi.)

No comments: