Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Little Preschooler

W starts Preschool next Tuesday. He was supposed to start tomorrow morning but the teacher asked if I would mind he instead start next Tuesday b/c their class has 20 kids and she's afraid if they all come the first day it will be too overwhelming. So W and 9 other students will show up next Tuesday and the other 10 will show up tomorrow.Then his preschool class will officially start with all of his classmates in attendance next Thursday.
I started off the summer unsure if he'd be able to attend school since we were just in the beginning stages of potty training but he's done really well. It wasn't until two weeks ago that I felt confident that he could attend, I'm very grateful. I know he'll love it and I'm very excited for him. I do wonder if I'll cry after I walk him to class and process through what's happening- my baby is starting school and will be there for the next 15 or so years! Life is changing every day and my babes are growing. Super N is talking a lot more now, W is starting school, Baby J is cooing and smiling and kicking and just generally more content. Time moves so fast even though a day feels very long in this season of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww big guy going to school. You know I'm not a big emotional momma at least in the sentimental way and I had a few tears the first day dropping my daughter off last year. I think I'll be fine this year but yeah it was just a little bittersweet to be starting school.