Monday, February 18, 2008

The Dealio

Okay I was out in the mild blizzard tonight determined to shop at CVS without the kids. This week CVS is offering $15 in ECB's if you spend $30 on a few selected products. I chose to buy 2 packs of Pull-Ups Diapers, a pack of Huggies diapers and two boxes of family sized boxes of Kleenex. The diapers all were on sale for $8.99 (orig. $11.49 each) and the Kleenex were 2/$5 (not sure the original price, i forgot to look). I also had 2 coupons for the diapers, I believe one was for $1 off and the other was for $2 off. I purchased 4 cans of Progresso Soup which were B1G1 free, $2.99 a can is the original price. I had two coupons I used with those, one for $.25 off and one for $.50 off. There was a great deal on Colgate Total that I took advantage of as well. The toothpaste was $2.99 a tube but you get $2 back in ECB's making the toothpaste $.99 (limit 5). I grabbed 4 tubes and used two coupons both coupons were for $1 off 2 tubes. So the toothpaste was $.50 a tube when all was said and done. I also had a B1G1 free coupon for a bag of Dove chocolate and a B1G1 free coupon for a Snickers bar (can you tell what I'm craving right now?!).


Okay my total overall before the ECB's was $51.82. I applied my $7.29 in ECB's that I got this past weekend bringing the total to $44.53. I then received an ECB for $15 (diapers & Kleenex purchase) and one for $8 (tubes of toothpaste purchase). So i received $23 back that I can use the next time I go to CVS. I also printed out a $4 ECB from CVS's website, free if you give them your email address fyi. So I have $27 to use the next time I go.

So the things I got were:

3 packs of Huggies Diapers
2 Family Sized Kleenex's (280 count)
4 Tubes of Colgate Total
2 bags of Dove chocolate
2 Snickers bars
4 cans of Progresso Soup
Total: 51.82
ECB's earned: $23

So i paid $28.82 for all the above stuff.

Also, i went to Giant Eagle this past Saturday for my weekly grocery trip. I got ingredients for this weeks dinners, breakfasts, and lunches for a total of $63.88. To let you know though I had some meat in my freezer already to accomodate some of these meals and so I didn't have to purchase everything. I also had food leftover for meals b/c i honestly only ate Ramen Noodle Soup (I know not the healthiest) while sick this week. Jason ran to Giant Eagle and bought a box of 12 for $2 during the week and I ate 2 bowls each day I was sick. I have a feeling that Giant Eagle will not be the best place for me to shop when all is said and done. Next weekend we will shop at Krogers and see what it will cost to feed us for the week.

FYI i'm writing this to get it on paper so I'll attempt to edit later to make sure it all makes sense etc.

No comments: