Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

Family drama sucks!

My moms siblings cannot seem to get along nor can they ever consider one another before themselves it seems. My Aunt Sis was buried yesterday and none of my Uncle's siblings showed up at the Cemetary. Very Sad! My uncle who tends to deal with his grief by functioning (I can understand this!) chose a beautiful bouquet of purple roses to cover my aunt's casket. He decided to give a rose to every woman at the cemetary so we could have something to remember my aunt by, a sweet gesture. He walked around the whole congregation of people handing out the roses. All I could think was "he's going to notice that none of his siblings are here to support him or my aunt." It made me very sad. I hope one day they will choose to be reconciled to one another. But it seems that even the death of a loved one doesn't have much effect.

1 comment:

Glass of Whine said...

Wait, what? You mean they didn't even show up to the funeral? I bet a million bucks my dad does the same thing to my aunt or vica versa. His own sister! They haven't spoken in 6 years. It is pathetic. And, I have to hear all the time about how they still don't plan to speak to her. It is retarded.