Thursday, May 29, 2008

PB & J Sushi Lunch



Posted by Picasa
I've had a difficult time feeding the kids lunch b/c it's so boring, the same ol' thing day in and day out. The kids feel the same way I think. You can tell by the way they throw their food on the floor and reject it. But I decided if they're going to exist on more than just snacks and milk then maybe I need to think outside the box. There are lots of creative moms out there and I got some ideas. Today the kids had PB & J Sushi. It was really very simple. Why hadn't I done it before!?
Let's see I used a rolling pin to flatten the bread, in this case the hamburger buns, and then spread PB on it and the spooned some jam on it. I then rolled it up and used a serrated knife to very carefuuly slice it into 5 to 6 pieces. It was a hit!!
Now what's for lunch tomorrow...hmmm. Any ideas shoot them my way please!

No comments: