Thursday, June 12, 2008

Griddle Me This

I finally saw a family size griddle for $20, I've been looking for a year and waiting for a good deal. We want to institute Pancake Saturday again and now we are going to institute Waffle Wednesday as well. We bought the griddle I believe on Monday and I've used it 4 times already. It's a hit with the kids especially when we use the dinosaur molds! After making these I didn't even get a chance to put butter & syrup on them b/c the kids ate them right up! I found a good buttermilk pancake recipe made with all purpose flour. I substitute whole wheat pastry flour entirely for the all purp and the pancakes are awesome!
Very happy with this purchase thus far and the kidlets love it.


Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2TB sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1 1/4c of buttermilk or 1c of plain yogurt + 1/4c milk
3TB butter, melted
1 large egg, light beaten
oil or spray for brushing pan
Combine flour, sugar, bkg pwdr, bkg soda, & salt. Add buttermilk, melted butter, & egg; stir until flour is moistened.
Pour scant 1/4 cups onto/into griddle or skillet. Cook until tops are bubbly & edges look dry. Cook other side until golden.
Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: