Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shredhead Update

So gosh I've not updated about this in a while. Let's see...I didn't finish the 30 Day Shred. It wasn't because I was unmotivated or something like that but for me it was the fact that I was exercising in my living room and it wasn't sitting well with me. Although I didn't finish this video, it motivated my ass to move.

Since I started the 30 Day Shred on Aug 2, 2009 (and finished doing it 2 weeks later...) I have been moving every day. Instead of continuing the video back in August, I started to get out an hour a day and ride my bike. I would sometimes do it for over an hour but usually it was an hour. I absolutely love my bike and my friend Rachel helped me develop the courage to ride my bike on roads with traffic. I also have started backpacking, another trip scheduled for PA in Nov, and I'm hiking all the time now. As a break for me and for the kids as well, we go to the Y Monday through Friday (except of course when a kid is sick, which is the case this week :( .) This has allowed me to work out and start training my body for the next triathlon season. So overall the video was a huge help for me in motivating me.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

you know, motivation is good. and i prefer (heh) to get my exercise outdoors too.

glad the tri training is on track!

rachel... said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I think I've read of a lot of bloggers STARTING the 30 day shred...

Hey, if you're not using it, can I borrow your video in about 6 months??? :)

Aliceson said...

Awesome! It's great when you find what works for you. Videos don't work for everyone but at least it was the jump start you needed.

Sheila said...

WOW! I also startd the 30 day shred and did about a week and 1/2 of it! But - I've gotten back on my exercise bike and SOME day I will go back to shredding...NOT YET THOUGH!!!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

i am in awe that you even do something like this. you go girl.

Momma Bear said...

Thanks :)

Casey said...

Gah, Jillian Michaels kicked my butt for about three or four days before I could no longer walk and put away the DVD. Go you for making it longer than that!