Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday W!

Today W turns 4! Happy Birthday Bud! And Happy 1st day of Spring!


We spent the whole morning and early afternoon in the local childrens hospital. He has a rash on his arm that has spread from his hand all the way up close to his shoulder. It was confirmed as impetigo on wednesday by his Ped but I didn't agree and took him to the ER today. Turns out he has shingles...ugg!

But we hit the cafeteria on the way out and he got an ice cream cone and an ice cream sandwich for lunch. He's totally okay and the ER was kind of fun for him. He had momma all to himself and they gave him 2 lime popsicles and oohed and ahhed over his cool bumps. Oh yeah and they had Nickolodeon in the room so he had a ball. His daddy is going to take him on a field trip to Target (it is kind of like a field trip for mommas too!) He desperately wants a light saber, I hope they come in green.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy b-day w! gibson was asking about him today...

how did he get shingles?! i got that, but was told it was something you can't get unless you've had the chicken pox. and that people usually don't get it unless they're stressed, usually older people. they were even surprised that i got it in my 20's. i'm confused...

you guys need to all be healthy so we can hang out again. we miss you.

Shady Lady said...

Happy birthday, W!!! Four is so cool! And feel better, too.

Ute said...

Happy Birthday, W. But shingles? Oh my gosh!! Get well, little boy.

A light saber is on the wish list for Blue Eyed Boy too. ;)

Aliceson said...

Shingles on his B-day! That's no fun, but it sounds like you made the most of it.

I hope he's feeling better today!

lizbonj said...

YEAH for 1st day of sping babies!!! He is going to embody many pisces characteristics as well as some Aries. YEAH for Will!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 4! I feel like I'm missing out on so much. Sounds like you had a rough day, but I'm glad it ended positively. I hope he starts feeling better, soon.

rachel... said...

Shingles??? OMG! I'm glad he'll be okay and hope his birthday was a lot of fun, anyway!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Beth, Please check your email, I am waiting to hear back from you about the Easter swap, I need a response by tomorrow. - Thanks

Pam said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Shingles for your 4th birthday - what a present! Sounds like he still managed to have an awesome day! I'm excited about the Easter Basket Swap, I can't remember the last time I received a basket!
Hope the shingles pass quickly and aren't too itchy!
Pam

The Three 22nds said...

I LOVE the new header!