Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Shady Lady gave me this award a few weeks ago for this post. Thank you Shady Lady.


The“Honest Scrap Award,” is given to bloggers who:

1) write soul-bearingly, thus exposing themselves to possible ridicule
2) have blogs that are “brilliant” in either content or design

I'm supposed to write “Ten Honest Things About Myself” and then pass the award on to another blogger who will do the same. I realized while thinking through this stuff that my mind is kind of in the past right now so I went with that.

Here I go:

1) Well I'm unhappy with my marriage, you got that right?

2) I'm learning to not be a fearful person-very painful, very badass too.

3) I played basketball from the age of 2nd grade until right before high school. I always thought I'd go to college and play ball and hoped that one day there would be a WNBA, obviously there is one now.

4) I became deathly depressed in 8th grade (hence Bball ended) upon finding out my dad was having an affair on my mom and then finding out he also slept with his brothers wife while married to my mom-he thought he should get it out on the table for his 13 year old daughter.

5) I used to take 30 laxatives a day for about 3 years, it was apart of my bulemic years. Not to mention the throwing up and exercise obsession intertwined in that drama.

6) I love my children so much it hurts.

7) My parents stole $100,000 from the federal government when I was 11, it deeply did and still does affect me.

8) I went to the state spelling bee when I was 13.

9) I won a free throw contest while in the 6th grade. I beat my whole middle school, the girls and the boys.

10) I snuck out of the house when I was 10. I was driven all the way across town with my sister, her friends and the driver (who was over 18 and driving 13 year old girls and one 10 year old around at 2 in the morning.) I don't remember what we were doing. But I do remember that we stayed out until the sun came up b/c the dude dropped us off somewhere and then forgot about us. I remember trying to pee in a field and I couldn't see anything so I accidentally peed allover my pants as I squatted in the field. It was so much fun. (Could you imagine your 10 year old doing that??? Where the freak were my parents?)

I'd like to pass this award on to Jenni over at Oscarelli. She's always so straight forward about life with her babes. She doesn't sugar coat nothing! Here you go Jenni, I'd buy you a drink too except the whole distance issue. But if I'm ever in your neck of the woods you got a dark and heavenly glass of beer coming your way. Cheers!

EDIT: The first one, about my marriage. For those of you are utterly confused...I accidentally posted a personal journal entry on here about being unhappy with my marriage. Some of you read it and some of you didn't. So there you go.

3 comments:

Aliceson said...

That's honest alright! #10 is wild. Amazing the kind of crap kids get away with. I think I was 14 or 15 before I did anything that crazy but still my parents had no clue. Makes me want to keep a closer eye on my two girls.

You are probably the most honest blogger I know, congrats on the award. You deserve it! Keep it up Momma Bear!

Shady Lady said...

You are an amazing woman! You are the real deal. I love your honesty, your grit, and well...you! I know this is a challenging time, but you will make it through. You are truly deserving of this award, Momma Bear. (((hugs)))

Jenni said...

wow, i'm so honored!

just catching up on my reader from vacation - can't wait to see what you've been up too. oh, and my neighbors park in front of my house too and it sucks!