Friday, November 10, 2006

How We Affect Our Children

My little Munchkin Moo. He's been a bit ornery lately not listening to much mom or dad says. I've struggled this week with yelling at my bebe. I don't want to yell. I want to speak in a normal voice and be patient, i'm not there. I am better than i was but man how we affect our children. It's hard to be a parent sometimes especially when you're premenstrual and have a headache. I'm glad there is a gracious God who understands while not accepting my bad behaviors but instead giving me the strength and teaching me how to be loving. I used to feel so hopeless and could never imagine having kids b/c of my own past but things aren't hopeless with God and that's why I felt confident enough to have children. It's one of the best decisions i've ever made even though it gets tough, like this week, but I've learned so much from my 1 year old and my 3 month old. They're amazing and such a blessing. It's a fascinating thing, raising children that is.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: