Friday, May 23, 2008

The Time Has Come...

The stress of the last few weeks has brought me to the realization that W in preschool is a good thing. But before he can enter preschool he must be potty trained. Yesterday I let him run around the house buck naked for about 2 hours. He peed twice on his own accord in the potty, it was awesome and I saw a glimmer of hope. I've been telling him the last few days that if he learns to poop in the potty he'll get to go to school soon, he's thrilled. I believe he's contemplating the endeavor. It's difficult for the 3 year old to give up his little brown buddies. But I think he'll come around since he knows his actual little buddies (friends) will be in school without him if he doesn't poop in the potty.

The Hub and I are ready to get hardcore with the potty training since the stress of having 3 little people at home 24/7 will be somewhat reduced. Plus W will love school! He's very social and loves to learn. Although it's sad to think my baby will be gone two days a week and then more days a week from here on out each school year I know it's good for all of us. I have a feeling he will love school, I always loved it and couldn't wait for it to begin each year. I especially loved the smell of new school supplies (freak) and I have a feeling that he will too, he's very much like me in most ways we're finding.

No comments: